Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Busy living life!

Well, it's been awhile since my last post. But for good reason.  I've been busy living life!  I just returned from a 3Day 60 Mile walk to help fight cancer!  It's three days of the way the world should always be.  Three days of kindness.  Three days of love. Three days of hope.  I met some of the most amazing people who have again reminded me that life is to be lived-not stressed over.  I took those three days and forced myself not to worry about Open House, getting my classroom ready, thinking about CCSS.  There were times when that worry and anxiety started to creep in, but all I needed to do was look at the people I had met who face cancer on a daily basis and remember that you have to live every day like it's your last.  I believe I can take this experience into the classroom this year.  I met an amazing person named Jimmy Casas today that told us that it is our responsibility as educators to "bring it" everyday.  To get jacked up about our job.  Because we have the best job there is.  We just have to believe it.  I believe it.  Now it's "crunch time". That time of the year when you can get it all done! Somehow you just do it!  Your body is run on adrenaline.  It's the best time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment