Monday, August 4, 2014

Change is good!

I have been teaching for 17 years.  I've had so many amazing experiences, taught some incredible kids and learned a lot of life lessons.  One thing I've never done in 17 years? BLOG.  This is completely new to me and I thank my friend and new colleague Margaret Bussan and Micki Uppena for inspiring me to go outside my comfort zone and start this blog. 

This is the year of change for me.  I'm moving from 16 years of upper elementary and teaching 2nd grade! Yes, you read that correctly!  Most people's first question is: Was this your choice? I proudly answer, "YES"! Growth can only occur with change when you head outside of your comfort zone and embrace it.  I am ecstatic about my new challenge and almost feel like I did back when I started my first job in Verona, WI 17 years ago.  Am I nervous? Of course! Incoming second graders are a lot different than outgoing fourth graders.  But I have some awesome teammates by my side and a school full of dedicated professionals who will help in any way possible. 

Sky's the limit for this second grade teacher!

Bring on the new year!

1 comment: