Thursday, August 28, 2014

It's All Coming Together!!!


                                                               

 AFTER                   

                                  

 
 
So I'm still new at this blogging thing, so I'm not sure how to make my pictures organized in a certain way!  As I type this blog, my eyes droop a little, I can feel the tiredness set in, but at the same time I'm "jacked up"! You will see this term used throughout my blog this year.  We had an incredible speaker at inservice that "jacked" everyone up!  When I decided to make the move to second grade, I knew I was up for a big change, and A LOT of work.  Moving a room is not easy but I knew after 16 years in upper elementary, I was at a point in my career where I needed a change.  I needed a fresh start.  I needed a challenge.  Well, I faced that challenge head on and I couldn't be happier or more excited to start the school year. 
 
Tonight is a big night! OPEN HOUSE! It's the first opportunity that my new students and their families are welcomed into the room.  Some people get nervous about this night. Not me! It's one of my favorite nights of the year.  The electricity, the excitement! The smiles!  I know the majority of my kids already and have made connections and now I'm just ready to hit the ground running.  I have an amazing group of educators and our school is moving at mach speed in the right direction.  There is energy there that I haven't felt in awhile and despite all the obstacles that will come out way this year, I truly believe we are going to BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment